The Song Meter Micro is the smallest in the range of Song Meters and is a smaller, more lightweight and affordable alternative to the Song Meter Mini Acoustic Recorder, lending itself well for multiple recorders to be deployed simultaneously for one project.
This is a simple, yet innovative device for recording birds, frogs and other species that communicate vocally. The Song Meter Micro is weatherproof, robust and is easily mountable using screws, rope or cables such as the Python Lock. The recorder comes complete with a built-in microphone.
The schedule, set-up and status of the recorder are operated via Bluetooth using an app that can be downloaded for free to your iOS or Android phone/tablet. There is also an option to set the location and time zone of your Song Meter Micro using the GPS from your mobile phone. The app is simple to use and allows you to manage multiple recorders at once. Checking the status of your recorder can also be done using the LEDs on the unit itself. This device is compatible with Kaleidoscope Pro Software to help analyse your recordings.
Power is supplied internally using 3x AA batteries (included in the starter bundle) which last up to 200 hours and recordings are stored in 16-bit WAV format on a microSD card.
Please Note: Microphones of the SM4 and Song Meter Mini are not compatible with the Song Meter Micro. The Micro Configurator App will work with most smartphones or tablets that have Bluetooth 4.0 or later and run either iOS 10 or Android 5.0 or later. The one major exception we've found is Android devices produced by Huawei, which do not use the same Bluetooth implementation as other Android manufacturers.
This detector is also available as a starter bundle which includes the detector, 4 x Lithium AA batteries and a 64GB micro SD card.
* Song Meter Micro User Manual
* Recording Format – 16-bit WAV
* Recording Bandwidth - 20Hz - 48,000Hz
* Recording Channels – One built-in
* Maximum sample rate - 96,000 Hz
* Programming Method – iOS or Android app using Bluetooth
* Quick Start Schedule – Yes
* Advanced Schedule (different each day) – Yes
* Adjustable Gain – Yes
* High Pass Filter – 2-pole at 100 Hz
* Battery Type – 3 AA alkaline or NiMH (lithium ion)
* External Power Connector – No
* Microphone Cable Extension: No
* Memory Storage – 1 microSD card
* Weight – 0.16lb/2oz/73g (0.43lb/5oz/195g with batteries)
* Dimensions – 101mm x 74mm x 28mm (4.0” x 2.9” x 1.1”)
* Weatherproof – Yes
* Integrated Mounting Bracket – Yes (supports many mounting options)
* Warranty – 1 year