+44 1803 865913
By: JE McPherson and RM McPherson
253 pages, Bw plates, illus, tabs
Many scientists have reported an extensive amount of information on the biology, life history, and damage potential of stink bugs. However, this information is scattered among numerous journals, periodicals, and other publications. Stink Bugs of Economic Importance in America North of Mexico brings together the applied and nonapplied literature in one complete and concise format.
Stink Bugs of Economic Importance in America North of Mexico gives you:
- Section by section discussions of various economic stink bug species and damage to individual crops
- Separate tables of host plants organized by common name, scientific name, and family name
- General biology for each economic stink bug species
- Strategies for the control of destructive species
- Keys for identification of stink bug species
- Numerous unique line drawings
- Over 700 references on stink bug publications
Written by two top-notch researchers whose experience is complementary, Stink Bugs of Economic Importance in America North of Mexico examines these constant pests. The first comprehensive resource on this fascinating and destructive group of insects, Stink Bugs of Economic Importance in America North of Mexico provides you with a reference that you can use in the laboratory or in the field for easy identification of pentatomids.
"In summary, this book is a valuable source of information for both researchers and educators who are interested in pestiferous pentatomids [...] .It also should be valuable to those crop consultants who are dealing with stink bugs on a regular basis. [...] for those interested in owning an information source that captures current knowledge of stink bug pests in major crops, its price is a bargain."
- Tom A. Royer, Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
- General Introduction to Stink Bugs
- Major Crops Attacked
- Superfamily Pentatomoidea Leach: Keys for Identification and Introduction to Pest Species
- Nezara viridula
- Euschistus spp.
- Acrosternum hilare
- Oebalus spp.
- Murgantia histrionica
- Piezodorus guildinii
- Thyanta spp.
- Management Tactics for Stink Bugs
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Prompt and trustful service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985