+44 1803 865913
By: Andreas Bresinsky(Author), Christian Körner(Author), Joachim W Kadereit(Author), Gunther Neuhaus(Author), Uwe Sonnewald(Author)
1302 pages, 466 colour photos, color illustrations, and colour distribution maps; 692 b/w photos, and b/w illustrations; colour tables
This famous book on botany was published for the first time in 1894 by Eduard Strasburger and his co-workers. The present edition is based on a translation of the 36th edition of the German "Strasburger" and contains additional contributions by renowned experts in the field.
The volume comprises a highly appealing and holistic approach to the structure, the systematics and evolution, the functioning, and ecology of plants. The book covers 14 chapters bundled into four main sections.
- Molecular Basics: The Building Blocks of Cells
- The Structure and Ultrastructure of the Cell
- The Tissues of Vascular Plants
- Morphology and Anatomy of Vascular Plants
- Physiology of Metabolism
- Physiology of Development
- Physiology of Movement
- Systematics and Phylogeny Basics of Plant Ecology
- Plant–Environment Interactions
- Ecology of Populations and Vegetation
- Vegetation of the Earth
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Thank You and Aloha
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985