+44 1803 865913
By: Andreas Bresinsky(Author), Christian Körner(Author), Joachim W Kadereit(Author), Gunther Neuhaus(Author), Uwe Sonnewald(Author)
1302 pages, 466 colour photos, color illustrations, and colour distribution maps; 692 b/w photos, and b/w illustrations; colour tables
This famous book on botany was published for the first time in 1894 by Eduard Strasburger and his co-workers. The present edition is based on a translation of the 36th edition of the German "Strasburger" and contains additional contributions by renowned experts in the field.
The volume comprises a highly appealing and holistic approach to the structure, the systematics and evolution, the functioning, and ecology of plants. The book covers 14 chapters bundled into four main sections.
- Molecular Basics: The Building Blocks of Cells
- The Structure and Ultrastructure of the Cell
- The Tissues of Vascular Plants
- Morphology and Anatomy of Vascular Plants
- Physiology of Metabolism
- Physiology of Development
- Physiology of Movement
- Systematics and Phylogeny Basics of Plant Ecology
- Plant–Environment Interactions
- Ecology of Populations and Vegetation
- Vegetation of the Earth
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
I ordered a book from NHBS, it reached India within 7 days by standard shipping! Wonderful packing.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985