This volume is devoted to the memory of the eminent carcinologist Professor Ruiyu Liu (1922-2012) of the Institute of Oceanology of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao, China. Since 1949, Professor Liu had devoted his life to studying taxonomy, systematics, ecology, zoogeography and aquaculture of crustaceans and published a total of more than 210 papers and monographs. He described two new genera, fifty-two new species and one new subspecies, including not only crustaceans but also cnidarians, polychaetes and molluscs. In this volume forty of his friends and colleagues put together sixteen papers to honour Professor Liu, and named after him three new genera and eleven new species.
First published as a special issue of Crustaceana 93(11-12): 1233-1546.
Note on Original Publication
In memoriam Professor Ruiyu Liu (J. Y. Liu) (4 November 1922-16 July 2012) / Wenliang Liu, Wei Jiang & Xinzheng Li
- Contributions to the knowledge of Leucosiidae VII. Liusius gen. nov. (Crustacea, Brachyura) / Yi-Jia Shih, Ping-Ho Ho & Bella S. Galil
- The complete mitochondrial genome of the freshwater crab Longpotamon kenliense (Decapoda, Brachyura, Potamidae) with phylogenetic consideration / Yi-Fan Wang, Shu-Xin Xu, Chun-Chao Zhu, Xin-Nan Jia, Xianmin Zhou & Jie-Xin Zou
- Descriptions of a new species of Minpotamon Dai & Türkay, 1997, and a monotypic new genus of aquatic freshwater crab (Brachyura, Potamidae) from eastern Guangdong, China / Si-Ying Mao & Chao Huang
- Ruiyupotamon, a new genus and four new species of freshwater crabs from northwestern Yunnan, China (Decapoda, Brachyura, Potamidae) / Pengfei Wang, Zewei Zhang & Hongying Sun
- The identity of Hyastenus pleione (Herbst, 1803) and description of a new species from China (Decapoda, Brachyura, Majoidea, Epialtidae) / Bee Yan Lee & Peter K. L. Ng
- The freshwater crab genus Lacunipotamon Dai, Song, He, Cao, Xu & Zhong, 1975 (Decapoda, Brachyura, Potamidae), with descriptions of two new species from southwestern China / Chao Huang, Hsi-Te Shih & Shane T. Ahyong
- Sicyonella liui sp. nov., a new sergestid shrimp (Decapoda, Dendrobranchiata) discovered from Madagascar / Tin-Yam Chan
- Description of a new species of the genus Lebbeus White, 1847 (Decapoda, Thoridae) from the Bohai Sea, China / Yanrong Wang, Chaodong Zhu & Zhongli Sha
- Species of Caridina nilotica group in China, with description of one new species (Crustacea, Decapoda, Atyidae) / Yixiong Cai
- New records of the sponge-symbiotic shrimp genus Anchistioides from the Indo-West Pacific (Decapoda, Caridea) / Charles H. J. M. Fransen
- A new species of the genus Eucalliaxiopsis Sakai, 2011 from the South China Sea (Decapoda, Axiidea, Eucalliacidae) / Wenliang Liu & Gary C. B. Poore
- A new slipper lobster of the genus Galearctus Holthuis, 2002 (Decapoda, Scyllaridae) from Madagascar / Chien-Hui Yang & Tin-Yam Chan
- The mantis shrimp superfamily Eurysquilloidea confirmed from Taiwan: Liusquilla taiwanica gen. et sp. nov / Shane T. Ahyong & Chia-Wei Lin
- Gammarus liuruiyui sp. nov. (Amphipoda, Gammaridae), a new blind species from Tian Shan, China / Yami Zheng, Zhonge Hou & Shuqiang Li
- A new species of the genus Parioninella (Epicaridea, Bopyridae, Pseudioninae) from Australia / Jianmei An, Qianqian Xi & Gustav Paulay
- A new species of sponge-inhabiting barnacle Neoacasta (Archaeobalanidae, Acastinae) in Kyushu, Japan / Meng-Chen Yu, Takefumi Yorisue, Gregory A. Kolbasov & Benny K. K. Chan
- A new species of Stygiopontius (Copepoda, Siphonostomatoida, Dirivultidae) from a deep-sea cold seep in the South China Sea / L. Ma, M.-X. Wang & X.-Z. Li
Xinzheng Li, PhD (1991) in Zoology, Nankai University, is a Professor of Marine Biology at the Institute of Oceanology of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. His main research interests are the taxonomy and systematics of caridean shrimps and macrobenthic ecology of the China Seas.
Wenliang Liu, PhD (2010) in Marine Biology, Institute of Oceanology of Chinese Academy of Sciences, is an Associate Professor at the School of Ecological and Environmental Sciences, East China Normal University. His main research interests are the taxonomy and systematics of Axiidea, Gebiidea and Isopoda, and macrobenthic ecology of the Yangtze Estuary.
Wei Jiang, PhD (2019) in Marine Biology, Institute of Oceanology of Chinese Academy of Sciences, is an Associate Professor of Marine Biology at the Institute of Oceanology of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. His main research interests are the taxonomy and systematics of crabs.