+44 1803 865913
By: Marei Nasr(Illustrator), Cynthia Culbertson(Author), HRH Princess Alia Bint al Hussein(Foreword By)
134 pages, 100 colour photos
Prized for their stamina and their acclimation to the harsh conditions of the Arabian deserts, the ancestors of the horses that are now recognized as the Egyptian Arabian purebred horse entered Egypt centuries ago, establishing the valuable bloodlines of the breed there. The breeding programs in Egypt therefore became the root source for the finest Arabian horses, attracting passionate enthusiasts from all corners of the world. Artists, poets, and historians have for centuries been inspired by their great beauty and romantic legacy.Nasr Marei is the third-generation owner of a stud farm in Giza, Egypt.
His love for and knowledge of the Egyptian Arabian horse, coupled with his sensitive and striking photography, have inspired this visual tribute. His extraordinary photographs, accompanied by text that traces the history and evolution of the Arabian's journey into Egypt, celebrate the lineage of this living treasure of Egyptian heritage.
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Nasr Marei holds a PhD from the University of California, Davis. He is the co-founder and vice-chairman of the Egyptian Arabian Horse Breeders Association.
Cynthia Culbertson holds a degree in Near Eastern Languages and Cultures from Indiana University, where she specialized in Arabic Language and Islamic religion. She has an international reputation as an Arabian horse historian.
HRH Princess Alia Bint Al Hussein of Jordan is a world-renowned Arabian horse breeder, show judge, and director of the Royal Stables of Jordan for the Preservation of the Arabian Horse.
Your orders support book donation projects
Extremely pleased with the quality of the product, the ease of the ordering system and the speed at which the item was dispatched.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985