+44 1803 865913
By: Martin Knez(Editor), Metka Petrič(Editor), Tadej Slabe(Editor), Stanka Šebela(Editor)
102 pages, 37 colour & 57 b/w illustrations
A proposed railway on the 5th European Railway Corridor (Venice-Kiev) between the northern Adriatic ports of Koper (Slovenia) and Trieste (Italy) and the interior of Slovenia required extensive karstological studies and planning. The Beka-Ocizla Cave System contains the knowledge gained from these studies as well as further information on the regional karst surface and underground, the karst hydrogeology and the specific caves of the Beka-Ocizla cave system.
- Background for the Study
- Morphological Units of the Region
- Geomorphologic Analysis of the Region
- Karstification of the Kras
- Types of Caves and their Form
- Development of the Aquifer
- Biology of the Underground Habitats
- Hydrogeological Structure of the Alignments Area
- Directions and Characteristics of the Flow of Underground Water
- Influence of Construction of the Railway Line on Karst Waters
- Proposal for Further Research
- Caves of the Contact Karst of Beka and Ocizla
- Appendixes (Geology and Karst Caves/Hydrogeological map)
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is my favorite supplier (very professional and fast). Bravo!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985