+44 1803 865913
By: L Doncaster(Author)
Originally published in 1914, The Determination of Sex contains a study of the causes that lead to the appearance of males and females in a number of species, including humans. Doncaster uses simple language to appeal to a non-specialist audience, and the text is illustrated with a number of plates illustrating the differences between the sexes in insects, birds and mammals. The Determination of Sex will be of value to anyone with an interest in the history of science.
1. The problem
2. The nature and function of sex
3. The stage of development at which sex is determined
4. Sex-limited inheritance
5. The material basis of sex-determination
6. The sex-ratio
7. Secondary sexual characters
8. The hereditary transmission of secondary sexual characters
9. Hermaphroditism and gynandromorphism
10. General conclusions on the causes which determine sex
11. The determination of sex in man
List of works referred to
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
I ordered a book from NHBS, it reached India within 7 days by standard shipping! Wonderful packing.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985