+44 1803 865913
By: Patricia Ash and David J Robinson
This book is an accessible, informative introduction to the scientific study of human evolution. It takes the reader through time following the emergence of the modern human species Homo sapiens from primate roots.
Acknowledging the controversy surrounding the interpretation of the fossil record, the authors present a balanced approach in an effort to do justice to different views. Each chapter covers a significant time period of evolutionary history and includes relevant techniques from other disciplines that have applications to the field of human evolution.
Self-assessment questions linked to learning outcomes are provided for each chapter, together with further reading and reference to key sources in the primary literature.
The Emergence of Humans is an accessible, informative introduction to the scientific study of human evolution... written by two authors with a wealth of teaching experience The Emergence of Humans will prove invaluable to students in the biological and natural sciences needing a clear, balanced introduction to the study of human evolution. Recommendation: would make a good undergraduate level textbook. (The Birdbooker Report, 16 November 2010) "
1. The First Human Fossils
2. The Geological Context
3. Evolution and Natural Selection
4. 65-50 million years ago: The Primates
5. 50-9 million years ago: Anthropoids and hominoids
6. 8-4.4 million years ago: Who were the ancestors of the hominins?
7. 4.2 - 3.0 million years ago: Adaptive radiation of hominins
8. 3.0-1.0 million years ago: Emergence and diversification of the genus Homo
9. 1.0 million years ago - 700,000 years ago
10. 700,000 - 130,000 years ago: Homo sapiens `out of Africa'
11. 130- 10,000 years ago: Homo Sapiens out of Africa
Answers to end of chapter questions
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
We find their customer service to be excellent
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985