The Little Book of Trees is a highly visual and original guide to the most common trees found in Britain and Europe, and the plants and animals that depend upon them.
- Produced together with the Forest Schools Association, the professional body for Forest School – a play-based process that enables people of all ages and abilities to care for themselves, each other and the planet
- Know your beech from your plane, and your hawthorn from your hazel – this book features 40 common British and European trees, including park and orchard trees
- Brush up on your nature knowledge – each page is packed with information including where each species is likely to grow, how big they grow, what their leaves look like, and what wildlife you will find living in and around each one, plus bud, leaf and fruit galleries to help with identification
- A delightful spotter’s guide for the whole family – children will delight in learning about trees and shrubs that they can spot in their gardens, playgrounds, parks, and countryside. The book also reinforces key science and nature topics taught at school.
- Conservation conscious – this book introduces children to the natural environment around them and encourages them to preserve the planet’s plants and wildlife
- Great gift – an absolute must-have for children who love nature and the outdoors and for parents who want to encourage this
Andrea Pinnington is the author of numerous children's activity books, including Animals, My Body and The Princess Creativity Book. Caz and Andrea take all the photographs for their books. This provides the inspiration for their titles, which are designed to give parents the tools with which to engage their children with nature.
Caz Buckingham trained as an illustrator and graphic designer. She worked for more than 20 years for large corporate publishers before setting up Fine Feather Press with her business partner, Andrea Pinnington. Caz's distinctive designs and illustrations are a combination of artwork and photography that draw children into the world of plants and animals.