+44 1803 865913
Edited By: John Darby, R Ewan Fordyce, Alan Mark, Keith Probert and Colin Townsend
387 pages, Photos, illus, figs
Profusely illustrated in colour, this major reference covers the geology, fossils, landforms, climate, biogeography, environmental change and the impact of human beings in southern New Zealand. There follow a series of habitat-based chapters covering forests and shrublands, tussock grasslands, mountains, inland waters and wetlands, the coast and the open sea. There is a closing chapter on conservation issues. Illustrations include photographs, satellite images, paintings and drawings.
1. The Geology of Southern New Zealand
2. Landforms of Southern New Zealand
3. Fossils and History of Life in Southern New Zealand
4. The Climate in Southern New Zealand
5. The Biogeography of Southern New Zealand
6. Environmental Change since the Last Glaciation
7. The Human Factor
8. Forests and Shrublands
9. Tussock Grasslands and Associated Mountainlands
10. Inland Waters and Wetlands
11. The Coast
12. The Opean Sea&;13. Nature Conservation in Southern New Zealand
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
I would not hesitate for one second to use your company again and recommend you to others. Marks out of 10? Around 99!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985