+44 1803 865913
By: David Allen Sibley(Author)
598 pages, plates with colour illustrations; colour distribution maps
Please note, this is the US version of The North American Bird Guide, published in the UK by Bloomsbury. Knopf's second print run addresses both colour saturation in the plates and font colour, an issue raised by many readers. Bloomsbury indicated that no new print run has been planned yet. We recommend customers who have no problems with Bloomsbury's version to place their order here.
A best seller for more than a dozen years, and now: the completely revised and updated second edition of the most comprehensive, widely acclaimed bird guide available.
Among the revisions that have been made for this second edition:
- All illustrations are approximately 15%-20% larger than they appeared in the first edition
- Every image from the first edition has been re-digitized from the original art
- 600 new paintings: including illustrations of 85 rare species and additional aspects of the species included in the original edition
- Two-thirds (4356) of all original art has been revised, providing improved detail, and reflecting new physical and behavioral information
- Expanded text includes conservation status, habitat, and tips on finding species in the field
- More than 600 updated new maps
- Elegant overall new design
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is a national institution, not to say an international one, in the world of natural history!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985