Language: Bilingual in English and Spanish
Snakes are feared around the world. In some countries, such as Panama and Costa Rica, this comes from the presence of venomous snakes that bite and, in some cases, kill people. In truth, the majority of snakes are not a threat to humans, and all are fascinating animals that deserve our protection and understanding.
This book includes:
- Text in easy-to-read English and Spanish
- 56 species accounts with range maps
- Over 150 colored photographs
- “No Touch” keys to help identify species
- List of hospitals in Panama and Costa Rica by province
The authors hope that this book will not only help to limit the incidental and unnecessary killings of snakes, but also reduce the number of accidental snake bites.