+44 1803 865913
Series: Treatise on Invertebrate Paleontology Volume: G(R) 1
By: RS Boardman(Author), AH Cheetham(Author), DB Blake(Author), John Utgaard(Author), OL Karklins(Author), PL Cook(Author), PA Sandberg(Author), Geneviève Lutaud(Author), TS Wood(Author)
625 pages, 295 b/w photos and b/w line drawings
The major goal of this revision of Part G is to provide a workable reference to identify Bryozoa above the species level. Introductory papers review some of the current biological concepts of the phylum. The taxonomy is based on the reexamination of critical specimens, a reevaluation and increase in the number of taxonomic characters, and reclassification where necessary. Taxonomic characters range from microscopic to colony-wide, requiring new illustration at different magnifications. Systematic descriptions pertaining to two orders, the Cystoporata and Cryptostomata, are included here. The remainder of the bryozoan orders will be covered in subsequent volumes.
- Introduction to the Bryozoa
- General Features of the Class Stenolaemata
- General Features of the Class Gymnolaemata
- Autozooid Morphogenesis in Anascan Cheilostomates
- Ultrastructure and Skeletal Development in Cheilostomate Bryozoa
- General Features of the Class Phylactolaemata
- Glossary of Morphological Terms
- The Orders Cystoporata and Cryptostomata
- Paleobiology and Taxonomy of the Order Cystoporata
- Systematic Descriptions for the orders Cystoporata and Cryptostomata
- Introduction to and Systematic Description of the Suborder Ptilodictyina
- Introduction to and Systematic Description of the Suborder Rhabdomesina
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is one of my favorite vendors.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985