Our stock has arrived with slightly bashed corners and our reduction in price reflects that
Wasps is the first full-colour, illustrated guide featuring approximately 150 species of flower-visiting wasps that occur in eastern North America, and the specific native plants and habitat each species depends upon. Written with an ecological lens, this richly-illustrated book details wasp diversity and has full-page profiles for each wasp species that include identification tips, geographic range maps, biology, prey, natural history and habitat.
Five introductory chapters cover wasp taxonomy, nesting biology, prey-hunting behaviours, diet, anatomy, as well as wasp habitat enhancement and management, and the ecosystem services provided by wasps – insect pest population control and pollination. Profiles of each wasp species comprise the major part of Wasps and are organized by family, showcasing twelve families and sixty-eight wasp genera. Also included are eastern North American regional native plant guides, tips on wasp observation, and over 1000 stunning photographs.
– 2021 National Indie Excellence Award Winner: Nature
– 2021 National Indie Excellence Award Finalist: Environment
– 2021 Next Generation Indie Book Awards Finalist: Science/Nature
– 2021 Next Generation Indie Book Awards Finalist: Regional Non-Fiction
– 2021 Independent Publishers Book Awards Silver: Nature