Wild Swimming Walks leads you on 28 adventures into the beautiful scenery and wild swimming paradise of Dartmoor and South Devon. Discover wooded river pools and tumbling waterfalls, secret coves and amazing sea caves, safe in the company of Devon's two most intrepid and fun-loving explorers. All the walking routes include places to swim and ideas for pubs and refreshments along the route. Join the adventure with this inspirational guide to one of England's most popular walking and wild swimming regions – Dartmoor and the South Devon coast. This is an iconic landscape of haunted lakes, ancient woodland, hidden rivers and one of the most beautiful coastlines in Britain. Complete with photos and practical guidance, and rich with local history and legend, Wild Swimming Walks Dartmoor and South Devon will appeal to wild swimmers, family explorers, nature lovers and walkers alike. Including detailed directions, maps and downloadable route information to print out or take with you on your phone or tablet.
- West Okement and Meldon Circular 26
- East Okement Pools and Taw Marsh Circular 32
- Shilley Pool Circular 38
- Teign Gorge Circular 44
- Kestor Rock, Scorhill and Gidleigh Circular 50
- Tavy Cleave Circular 56
- Sandy Hole and East Dart Waterfall Circular 62
- Foggintor Quarry and the Pila Brook Circular 68
- The Stepping Stones Walk: Sherberton, the West Dart, the East Dart and Hexworthy Bridge 74
- Crazywell Circular 80
- Sharrah Pool Circular 88
- Warhorse Pool and Shavercombe Waterfall Circular 94
- Central Dartmoor Lakes 100
- Ivybridge Pools Circular 108
- Mount Batten Peninsula Circular 116
- Cellar Beach Circular 122
- Westcombe and Wonwell Circular 128
- Bantham to Thurlestone Circular 134
- Soar Mill Cove Circular 140
- Woodcombe Sands and Ivy Cove Circular 146
- Start Point Circular 152
- Beesands to Hallsands Circular 160
- Little Dartmouth, Compass Cove, Sugary Cove, Castle Cove Circular 166
- Mill Bay Circular 172
- Man Sands and Scabbacombe Circular 178
- Broadsands to Elberry Cove and Churston Cove Circular 184
- Staverton Circular 190
- Teignmouth to Dawlish Railway Walk 198
Sophie Pierce lives on the edge of Dartmoor and started the South Devon Wild Swimming Club after getting caught in a rip-current during a New Year's Day dip. She has worked as a reporter for the BBC for 20 years.
Matt Newbury is a writer and marketing specialist born and raised in Devon. He has completed many swimming challenges including escaping from Alcatraz and swimming to the Isle of Wight.
Sophie and Matt are authors of Beyond the Beach: The Secret Wild Swims of Torbay.