A very sturdy but lightweight hand net for routine aquatic sampling, field centre use and river sampling. The outer frame is 250mm wide aluminium alloy with an inner brass ring supporting the net. These hand nets include a 30cm deep `standard' net in either 1mm (for general sampling) or 2mm (for e.g. amphibians). The overall length of the net is approximately 150cm.
Conforms to Environment Agency Specifications
These nets have an aluminium handle. The advantage of the aluminium handle, apart from its price, is that the weight is reduced to less than half that of the wooden handle. The dimensions of the aluminium handle are identical to the wooden handle so it can be used as a replacement for wooden handles without any adverse influence on previous research. The disadvantages of the aluminium handle is that it is cold in winter as well as being vulnerable to denting or bending when used beyond normal practice. Aluminium handles also conduct electricity and care should be taken when using near overhead power lines.
You may also be interested in additional standard nets
* Professional Hand Net Bags in mesh sizes of 0.25mm, 0.5mm, 1mm and 2mm
* Deeper Nets: 50cm deep in 0.25mm, 0.5mm, 1mm, 2mm
If you are travelling with a net please have a look at the two-part and three-part collapsible frames
* Please be advised that due to the size of this item, shipping to locations outside of the UK will incur a higher shipping charge than that indicated during online check out. Please contact our customer services department on 01803 865913 or email@example.com to obtain an accurate shipping price *
* Overall Length (net head + handle): approx 150cm
* Handle length (excluding net head): approx 120cm
* Width: 25cm
* Net Depth: 30cm
* Handle: Wood (British Ash) or Aluminium
* Weight: 1100g (wood) or 500g (Aluminium)
Standard length 0.25mm mesh net bag
The professional hand net is also available with a wooden handle
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!