The Browning Recon Force Elite HP5 offers all the great features of Browning’s ever-popular Edge and Elite series, with the addition of RADIANT 5 Night Illumination and High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology. Together this enables the Recon Force Elite HP5 to capture outstanding night images that offer very impressive image detail. In addition, the Recon Force Elite HP5’s image resolution has also been increased to 24MP, overall providing excellent quality.
These features combined make the Recon Force Elite HP5 a stand out trail camera if the quality of night images is a priority. The LEDs are Low Glow, so do emit a slight red glow when the camera is triggered, although this is rarely an issue for most wildlife. The flash can cover a range of up to 39 metres, while the detection range is adjustable and covers a maximum distance of 30 metres.
The video quality during both the day and night is beautifully smooth and sharp at 1920 x 1080 Full HD. The trigger speed is adjustable between 0.1 - 0.7 seconds, so can be adjusted to suit the habits of different target wildlife. The recovery time between images is also fast at 0.5 seconds.
Daytime footage is recorded in colour, while night time and low light footage is recorded in black and white using the infrared LEDs. These LEDs can be adjusted between various settings to balance distance and power consumption and provide the optimal setup for your camera. The helpful smart IR video function continues to record footage as long as the animal remains active in front of the camera (to a max. 2 mins in day, 20s at night). The HP series also come with a programmable stop/start timer, which allows you to designate a window of time when the camera will trigger and target the activity periods to match certain species.
The Recon Force Elite HP5 continues to be a very sturdy and capable camera, working well under extremely cold temperatures and challenging weather. The dark green camouflage case keeps the camera inconspicuous and it's small size makes it very versatile. The front-facing 5cm colour viewing screen is a popular feature ensuring accurate positioning of your camera and clear playback while in the field. The camera is powered by 8 x AA batteries (Lithium batteries included in the starter bundle) and is compatible with SDXC cards of up to 512GB as well as SDHC cards (32GB SDHC included with starter bundle). SD card management options allow you to overwrite older images on the card if the memory is full.
This camera is also available as a starter bundle which includes the trail camera, 8 x lithium AA batteries and a 32GB SD card.
Note: Although rechargeable batteries (of at least 2500mAh) can be used with trail cameras, they are not recommended due to their lower capacity and voltage. Therefore they are unlikely to operate the camera at it’s full potential, or as reliably when compared with standard Lithium batteries.
* Records 24MP images
* Low Glow LEDs
* 5cm colour viewing screen
* Invisible infrared Radiant 5 technology illumination at night
* Up to 39m infrared flash range at night
* Adjustable IR flash (Power Save, Long Range, Fast Motion)
* 0.1 ‐ 0.7 second adjustable trigger speed
* Captures 1920 x 1080 FHD video with sound (5s ‐ 2min in day, 20s at night)
* Adjustable detection range up to 30m
* 0.5 second recovery time between images
* HDR Night Images (High Dynamic Range)
* Illuma‐smart technology automatically adjusts IR flash for perfect night photos
* SD card management options
* Smart IR video
* Selectable start / stop image timer
* Long battery life from 8 AA batteries (Lithium batteries included with starter bundle)
* Battery meter functions with Alkaline and Lithium batteries
* Up to 8 Multi-shot images
* Up to 8 Rapid-fire Images
* Programmable picture delay (1 sec. – 60 min.)
* Picture info bar displays: Time, date, temperature, moon phase, barometric pressure, camera ID
* Multilingual programming menu
* 12V external power jack
* Supports up to 512GB SDXC memory card (32GB SDHC included with starter bundle)
* ¼” ‐20 tripod socket
* Compact case size 12.7 x 8.9 x 5.1cm
* Metal tree mount bracket
* Timelapse Plus camera mode, with infrared triggered pictures
* Compatible with Browning Buck Watch timelapse viewer software
* Image resolution: 24MP
* Video resolution: 1920 x 1080p (60 fps, 5 sec.‐ 2 min. length, max 20s at night)
* Night vision flash: 39m range
* Night vision LED type: Low-glow
* Detection range: 30m
* Colour view screen
* Audio record: Yes
* Date/time stamp: Yes
* Power supply: AA (8, only included with the starter bundle) or 12V external power jack
* Memory card capacity: Up to 512GB SDXC (32GB SD card included with the starter bundle)
* Warranty: 2 years