Offering a balanced review of differing approaches based on remote sensing methods to monitor ecosystem services related to biodiversity conservation, carbon and water cycles, and the energy balance of the terrestrial ecosystem, Earth Observation of Ecosystem Services identifies the relevant issues and challenges of assessment, presents cutting-edge sensing techniques, uses globally implemented tools to quantify ecosystem functions, and provides numerous examples of successful monitoring programs. Covering recent developments undertaken on the global and national stage from earth observation satellite data, Earth Observation of Ecosystem Services includes valuable lessons and recommendations and novel ways to improve current global monitoring systems.
- Ecosystem Services Related to Biodiversity Conservation
- Ecosystem Services Related to the Carbon Cycle
- Ecosystem Services Related to the Water Cycle
- Ecosystem Services Related to the Land-Surface Energy Balance
- Challenges and Conclusions