+44 1803 865913
By: Nick Hanley(Author), Jason F Shogren(Author), Ben White(Author)
459 pages, Figs, tabs
Environmental Economics: In Theory and Practice is an ideal text for students taking advanced courses in environmental and natural resource economics. This completely revised and updated edition covers all the major topics in the field, including the economics of sustainable development, market failure and mechanism design, pollution taxes and tradable permits, trans-boundary pollution, non-renewable and renewable resources (including both fisheries and forests), environmental valuation, risk, and trade and the environment. The authors make extensive use of mathematical models, supplementing these with careful explanation and graphical analysis. Emphasis is placed on the application of economic analysis to real-world environmental problem solving, such as designing policies to control pollution or to reduce global biodiversity loss, and examples are drawn from all over the world.
- The Economy and the Environment: Two Parts of a Whole Technical Note: Game Theory
- Market Failure
- Economic Incentives for Environmental Protection: An Overview
- Technical Note: Mathematical Programming
- Pollution Taxes for the Efficient Control of Pollution
- Tradeable Pollution Permits
- Transboundary Pollution Problems
- An Introduction to Comparative Dynamics and the Economics of Natural Resource Exploitation
- Natural Resources: Types, Classification and Scarcity
- An Economic Analysis of Nonrenewable Natural Resources
- Renewable Resource Economics
- The Economics of Forestry Exploitation
- The Theory of Nonmarket Valuation
- Methods for Valuing Environmental Costs and Benefits
- The Economics of Sustainable Development
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Nick Hanley is Professor of Environmental Economics at the University of Stirling, UK. Jason F. Shogren is Stroock Distinguished Professor of Natural Resource Conservation and Management at the University of Wyoming, USA. Ben White is Senior Lecturer in Agricultural and Resource Economics at the University of Western Australia, Australia.
Your orders support book donation projects
Such prompt and efficient service is rare nowadays.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985