Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
This is the go-to photographic guide to all the damselflies and dragonflies recorded in Europe, including the Macaronesian Islands and western Turkey
Europe's Dragonflies is a comprehensive, lavishly illustrated and beautifully designed photographic field guide to the damselflies and dragonflies of Europe. Written by two well-travelled experts, Europe's Dragonflies covers all 140 resident and vagrant species recorded, focussing on the field identification of adult insects. Concise species profiles highlight key identification features and provide information on behaviour, habitat preferences, distribution, flight periods, status and conservation. Other sections cover identification tips, conservation status and legislation. Presenting an unsurpassed selection of images of the highest quality, this is the go-to guide for anyone wishing to know more about these amazing and fascinating insects.
- Comprehensive coverage of every species of damselfly and dragonfly recorded in Europe
- Stunning colour plates showing males, females, immatures, colour forms, subspecies and typical habitat for every species
- Over 1,200 superb photographs, supplemented with illustrations of fine details
- Detailed profiles for the 140 resident and vagrant species
- Unique comparison plates for difficult groups
- Easy to use by beginners and experts alike, avoiding technical terms
Dave Smallshire is an ecologist, lecturer and wildlife tour guide, and plays an active role in the British Dragonfly Society. He formerly worked as an environmental adviser to the UK government and is the coauthor of the highly acclaimed Britain's Dragonflies (Princeton WILDGuides).
Andy Swash is managing director of WILDGuides and a well-known wildlife photographer and author. He is the coauthor of Britain's Dragonflies and seven other Princeton WILDGuides books, and has written and edited many other titles.