Britain's Insects is an innovative, up-to-date, carefully designed and beautifully illustrated field guide to Britain and Ireland's twenty-five insect orders, concentrating on popular groups and species that can be identified in the field. Featuring superb photographs of live insects, Britain's Insects covers the key aspects of identification and provides information on status, distribution, seasonality, habitat, food plants and behaviour. It also offers insight into the life history of the various insect groups, many of which are truly amazing. This is the go-to guide for entomologists, naturalists, gardeners, wildlife photographers and anyone else interested in insects, whatever their level of knowledge.
- More than 2,000 stunning photographs, carefully selected to show key identification features
- Photo guides to families, genera and species
- Designed to allow easy, accurate comparison of similar species
- Up-to-date distribution maps and charts summarizing adult seasonality
- QR codes that link to sound recordings of grasshoppers and crickets
- Information on photographing and recording insects to help conservation