Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
This book provides basic information on the botanical diversity in the Czech Republic and relates the patterns in flora and vegetation to environmental factors, biogeographical history and human impact. Focusing on vascular plants, bryophytes and lichens, it summarizes the data on taxonomic diversity and provides details of relict, endemic, rare, alien and other biogeographically important species. Main vegetation types are characterized in terms of their structure, distribution, ecology and dynamics, emphasizing the long-term vegetation changes since the late Pleistocene, historical impact of humans on vegetation and current changes in vegetation including the impact of alien species. Special attention is paid to the conservation of threatened plant species and their habitats and ecological restoration. An account of the history of botanical research in this country is also provided. Flora and Vegetation of the Czech Republic is illustrated with numerous maps, graphs and photographs of plant species and communities. The book is an essential reference for any biogeographer, botanist and plant ecologist who is working in Central Europe or is searching for both general and more specific information on this part of the world.
Preface; M. Chytrý et al.
1. Physical Geography of the Czech Republic; M. Chytrý
2. History of Botanical Research in the Czeck Republic; J. Danihelka et al.
3. Flora and Phytogeography of the Czech Republic; Z. Kaplan
4. Bryoflora of the Czeck Republic; J. Kucera
5. Lichen Biota of the Czech Republic; Z. Palice
6. History of Czech Vegetation since the Late Pleistocene; P. Kunes, V. Abraham
7. Current Vegetation of the Czech Republic; M. Chytrý
8. Plant Invasions in the Czech Republic; P. Pysek et al.
9. Conservation of Botanical Diversity in the Czech Republic; H. Hartel