Freshwater Algae of Eastern India presents a comprehensive account of the algae of the Eastern and North eastern region of India. Several taxa were the first records from this region as well as from India. Details of these algal species with descriptions, a microphotograph of each taxa, mode of occurrence, habitat type and location are provided in Freshwater Algae of Eastern India, which serves as a handbook on identification, taxonomy and biodiversity analysis of algae.
1. Introduction to Freshwater Algae of India
2. The Algal Sampling Sites in the Eastern and North-Eastern Region of India
3. Methods of Sampling, Preservation, Micrometry, Microphotography and Identification of Algae
4. Systematic Enumeration of Algal Taxa from Eastern and North-Eastern Regions of India
5. Algae from Various Habitats of Eastern and North-eastern Regions of India