+44 1803 865913
This book focuses on the strong relation between the tectonic evolution of the Southernmost Andes and their closest southern neighbors, the Scotia Sea and Antarctica. Some episodes are related to processes of global significance such as the opening of the Drake Passage, which is somehow linked to Late Cenozoic cooling. Many of the topics covered in Geodynamic Evolution of the Southernmost Andes are subjects of heated debates; as such, not only the latest data and approaches are presented, but different points of view as well. The chapters examine the interrelation between main geodynamic processes and plate tectonics from a multidisciplinary perspective.
This Paleozoic-Cenozoic geodynamic evolution of the Southernmost Andes involved interrelated metamorphic, magmatic, sedimentary, and deformational processes directed by plate tectonics. The main topics cover the evolution of the Rocas Verdes basin and the Cordillera Darwin high-grade metamorphic complex, growth of the Patagonian Batholith, development of the Patagonian Orocline, the opening of the Drake Passage during growth of the Scotia Sea, evolution of the Austral-Magallanes foreland basin and its related fold and thrust belt.
- Metamorphic Complexes and Rocas Verdes Marginal Basin
- The Southernmost Andes During the Opening of the Weddell Sea and the Atlantic Ocean
- Magmatic Evolution of the Southernmost Andes and its Relation with Subduction Processes
- Structural Evolution of the Magallanes Fold and Thrust Belt
- Progression of Deformation and Sedimentation in the Context of Tectonic Reconstructions
- Seismotectonics and Fault Kinematics in the Southernmost Andes and the North Scotia Ridge
- Kinematic Evolution of the Patagonian Orocline
- Geodynamic Processes and Plate Tectonics in the Southernmost Andes and the Scotia Sea
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
I don't know how you got a book printed 26 years ago in the conditions that I received it (like new) but you do it! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985