Urban birding is fast becoming ornithology's new rock 'n' roll. Birds and birding have never been cooler – and urban birding is at the cutting edge.
How to Be an Urban Birder is the world's first guide to the art of urban birding – which is easy and great fun. Here, urban birding pioneer David Lindo tells you everything you need to know about birds and birding in towns and cities in the UK.
- Includes a brief history of urban birding in the UK
- Covers the best places to look for birds in towns and cities
- Helps you get to know your urban birds
- Gives useful tips on how to attract birds to your garden
- Explains what gear you need and how to go about being an urban birder
- Features hundreds of cool images and illustrations of birds in urban settings
David Lindo, popularly known as The Urban Birder, is a naturalist, writer, broadcaster, speaker, photographer, wildlife tour leader and educator. His mission is to connect the city folk of the world with the wonderful wildlife that is all around them – even in the middle of the Concrete Jungle. His motto is simple: Look up! He is also the author of The Urban Birder and Tales from Concrete Jungles: Urban Birding around the World (both Bloomsbury). He is a Londoner and runs the website The Urban Birder World.
"Enjoy this book, and make sure you look up – deep inside all of us is an Urban Birder!"
– Jamie Oliver