Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
In the Nature of Landscape presents regional cultural landscape as a new direction for research in cultural geography.
- Represents the first cultural geographic study of the Norfolk Broads region of eastern England
- Addresses regional cultural landscape through consideration of narratives of landscape origin, debates over human conduct, the animal and plant landscapes of the region, and visions of the ends of landscape through pollution and flood
- Draws upon in-depth original research, spanning almost two decades of archival work, interviews, and field study
- Covers a great diversity of topics, from popular culture to scientific research, folk song to holiday diaries, planning survey to pioneering photography, and ornithology to children's literature
- Features a variety of illustrative material, including original photographs, paintings, photography, advertising imagery, scientific diagrams, maps, and souvenirs
David Matless is Professor of Cultural Geography at the University of Nottingham. He is the author of Landscape and Englishness (1998), editor of Geographies of British Modernity (2003) and The Place of Music (1998), and contributor to the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.