+44 1803 865913
By: Patrick C Hallenbeck(Editor)
282 pages, 16 colour & 23 b/w illustrations
Concerns over dwindling fossil fuel reserves and impending climate changes have focused attention worldwide on the need to discover alternative, sustainable energy sources and fuels. Biofuels, already produced on a massive industrial scale, are seen as one answer to these problems. However, very real concerns over the effects of biofuel production on food supplies, with some of the recent increases in worldwide food costs attributable to biofuel production, have lead to the realization that new, non-food substrates for biofuel production must be brought online.
Microbial Technologies in Advanced Biofuels Production is an authoritative, comprehensive, up-to-date review of the various options under development for the production of advanced biofuels as alternative energy sources. A general overview and introductory chapters for each section place the field in the context as well as provide essential basic notions for the more general reader. Accomplished, internationally recognized experts carrying out research on individual focus areas contribute specific technical chapters detailing present progress and future prospects.
- Biofuels, the larger context
- Hydrogen production: light driven processes; cyanobacteria
- Hydrogen production: light driven processes; green algae
- Hydrogen production : photofermentation
- Hydrogen production : dark processes
- Microbial Electrolysis: Novel Biotechnology for Hydrogen Production from Biomass
- Combined Processes for maximum substrate conversion
- Syntrophic Degradation of Fatty Acids by Methanogenic Communities
- Anaerobic digestion as an effective biofuel production technology
- Advanced Bioethanol Production
- Novel strategies for production of medium and high chain length alcohols
- Microbial Production of Fatty-Acid Based Biofuels
- Biodiesel production by microalgae
- Algae Oil
- The Future of Biofuels, Biofuels of the Future
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Fantastic service at a great price – I'll definitely use you again.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985