Examines how improvements can be made to the conservation and protection of the natural and semi-natural areas of the world, with particular attention paid to the safeguard of major ecosystems. The essence of Partnerships for Protection's approach is to build partnerships with individuals, communities, companies and governments, and those who have a stake in the care of land and water resources.
- The state of the world's protected areas
- adopting new approaches to protected area selection
- building stronger alliances with people
- seeking a wider range of partners and values
- developing new models for protected areas management