This book offers a compilation of the global data on the pre-Carboniferous units of the San Rafael block, including petrography, geochemistry, isotope geochemistry and geochronology. It provides an extensive database for a broad range of experts in the scientific community.
For many years, scientists around the world have been interested in understanding the evolution of Gondwana and its interaction to Laurentia. The southern Pacific South America proto-Andean Gondwana margin is characterized during the Paleozoic by the presence of orogenic belts accreted to the cratonic areas. The San Rafael Block, located in the south-central area of the Mendoza Province in Argentina, is part of one of these terranes (Cuyania). It is composed of isolated outcrops of pre-Carboniferous units (Mesoproterozoic to Devonian in age), Upper Paleozoic sedimentary and volcaniclastic rocks, Permian-Triassic volcaniclastic and magmatic complexes and Cenozoic volcanism.
- Pre-carboniferous Evolution of the San Rafael Block, Argentina
- The Mesoproterozoic Basement at the San Rafael Block, Mendoza Province (Argentina): Geochemical and Isotopic Age Constraints
- Sedimentary Provenance Analysis of the Ordovician Ponón Trehué Formation, San Rafael Block, Mendoza-Argentina
- Ordovician Conodont Biostratigraphy of the Ponón Trehué Formation, San Rafael Block, Mendoza, Argentina
- The Pavón Formation as the Upper Ordovician Unit Developed in a Turbidite Sand-Rich Ramp
- Lower Paleozoic 'El Nihuil Dolerites': Geochemical and Isotopic Constraints of Mafic Magmatism in an Extensional Setting of the San Rafael Block, Mendoza, Argentina
- Magnetic Fabrics and Paleomagnetism of the El Nihuil Mafic Unit, San Rafael Block, Mendoza, Argentina
- Low-Grade Metamorphic Conditions and Isotopic Age Constraints of the La Horqueta Pre-Carboniferous Sequence, Argentinian San Rafael Block
- La Horqueta Formation: Geochemistry, Isotopic Data and Provenance Analysis
- Silurian-Devonian Land-Sea Interaction within the San Rafael Block, Argentina: Provenance of the Río Seco de los Castaños Formation
- Primitive Vascular Plants and Microfossils from the Río Seco de los Castaños Formation, Rafael Block, Mendoza, Province, Argentina
- The Rodeo de la Bordalesa Tonalite Dykes as a lower Devonian Magmatic Event: Geochemical and Isotopic Age Constraints
- Pre-Carboniferous Tectonic Evolution of the San Rafael Block, Mendoza Province
- San Rafael Block Geological Map Compilation
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!