Quantifying the ambient sound in an environment is common in ecoaccoustic studies that look at how ambient noise levels may impact on certain species. The Professional Sound Meter is ideal for such research. It features a forward-facing electric condenser microphone with a windshield. Results, accurate to ±1.4dB, are displayed on an easy to read LCD screen along with time and date details. The meter can be configured using the menu settings to register an alarm when the sound level exceeds or drops below a designated threshold.
The Professional Sound Level Meter comes in a hard carry case with batteries included.
* Applied standard: IEC61672-1 CLASS2
* Accuracy: ±1.4dB
* Display: Four digits
* Resolution: 0.1dB
* Frequency response: 31.5Hz - 8kHz
* Measurement range: Auto 35dB - 130dB
* Frequency weighting: dBA
* Microphone: ½” electric condenser microphone
* Operating Conditions: -20 to 60°C < 90%RH
* Battery: 1 x 9V (included)
* Screen Dimensions: 55mm (H) x 45mm (W)
* Overall Dimensions: 252mm (H) x 66 (W) x 33mm (D)