An easy to use flowmeter with resettable LCD counter. Ideal for college field trips, student projects, practical river irrigation studies and water resource management. This flowmeter comes with an instruction book, maintenance, conversion and calibration charts, and guidance for field work projects.
The flowmeter works by electronically sensing the revolutions of an impeller. The number of revolutions per unit of time can be translated into stream flow velocity using a conversion chart. The impeller sticks have been accurately calibrated in a flume tank. The flowmeter is powered by longlife batteries (included), and is supplied in a corrugated plastic case.
- Impeller (7 cm diameter) and coupled sensor in which a switch opens and closes as the impeller is rotated by the flow of the water
- 4 x 250 mm long tube sections which slot together to make a 1 m stick
- 3 x riser rods which allow the impeller to be elevated above the stream bed at fixed heights of 250 mm, 125 mm and 62.5 mm or any combination of these
- 1 m cable connecting the flowmeter and impeller sensor
- Flowmeter with LCD counter, locking socket for the jack plug connection and 3-way switch (start, stop and reset)
- Laminated conversion charts to convert counts to mph or m/s and instruction booklet
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Prompt and trustful service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985