+44 1803 865913
By: Ulrich Steger(Author), Wouter Achterberg(Author), Kornelis Blok(Author), Henning Bode(Author), Walter Frenz(Author), Corinna Gather(Author), Gerd Hanekamp(Author), Dieter M Imboden(Author), Matthias Jahnke(Author), Michael A Kost(Author), Rudi Kurz(Author), Hans G Nutzinger(Author), Thomas Ziesemer(Author)
Almost every energy scenario assumes an enormous growth in the demand for energy in the coming decades. Meanwhile, at international conferences and other venues, the primary concern is massive reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, especially of the CO2 produced by fossil-fuel energy consumption. Experts also point out the political risk of depending on petroleum and remind us of the fact that resources are not inexhaustible. This timely book explores: how these conflicting scenarios could be reconciled; how can we shape a more sustainable energy system from the existing one; and possible technological progress and innovations to enable a brighter future. It also addresses the reality that there exists no consensus on the extent to which innovations can really contribute to reconciling ever-growing energy consumption, availability of resources and the environment, and the structural demands on any energy system.
- Problem definition, tasks, procedure and derivation of recommendations for action
- Terminological and conceptional foundations
- Normative criteria for evaluation and decision-making
- Towards a sustainable energy system - legal basis, deficits and points of reference
- Potentials for the sustainable development of energy systems
- The reality of sustainability: Conflicts of aims in the choice of instruments
- Strategies for accelerating sustainable energy innovations
- On the political enforceability of a sustainable innovation strategy
- Responsibility for the ?energy hunger? of the developing countries - How sustainable energy innovations can help
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
The packaging of both books was superb and they are in pristine condition. Thank you again for the service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985