+44 1803 865913
Series: Advances in Polar Ecology Volume: 2
By: Haakon Hop(Editor), Christian Wiencke(Editor)
30 colour illustrations
The Ecosystem of Kongsfjorden, Svalbard focuses in detail on all ecologically important aspects of the Kongsfjorden system such as the marine and atmospheric environment including long-term monitoring, Ecophysiology of individual species, structure and function of the ecosystem, ecological processes and biological communities. The contributed articles include review articles and research articles that have a wider approach and bring the current research up-to-date. The Ecosystem of Kongsfjorden, Svalbard will form a baseline for future work.
1.Climate and global warming, ozone and surface UV radiation
2. Underwater light in Kongsfjorden and its ecological implications
3. The Kongsfjorden transect over two decades 1994-2013, a review
4. Deglaciation and sedimentation processes in the Kongsfjorden area, Svalbard
5. Sea ice in Kongsfjorden and biological implications
6. Kongsfjorden spring and summer phytoplankton blooms
7. Zooplankton community in Kongsfjorden - effect of ocean change?
8. Diurnal vertical migration (DVM) in the Arctic
9. Biodiversity of benthic algae (micro- and macroalgae) with special focus on Kongsfjorden
10. Living on cold substrata - new approaches to study microphytobenthos ecophysiology and ecology in Kongsfjorden
11. Kelp and environmental changes in the Kongsfjord ecosystem: From stress perception to organism responses
12. Biodiversity of benthic faunal communities in Svalbard with special focus on Kongsfjorden
13. Benthic community ecology in Kongsfjorden
14. Greenland sharks (Somniosus microcephalus) in the Kongsfjorden area
15. Marine mammals in Kongsfjorden
16. Birds in Kongsfjorden: status, trend and threats
17. Marine food webs in Kongsfjorden based on stable isotopes and lipids
18. Modeling arctic fjords
19. Pollution of the Kongsfjorden marine system
20. Hornsund - Kongsfjorden comparison "One Arctic fjord was warmed - so what?"
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
I have never been so pleased with the quality of service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985