Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
This is a series of guide booklets on bird-watching on the islands that are part of the UK Overseas Territories. They are published by the UK Overseas Territories Conservation Forum, working together with local partners and so far cover the Turks & Caicos islands and Montserrat. Each book (of between 48 and 90 pages, with full-colour maps and photos) contains:
- Note about supporting conservation of the natural and cultural heritage.
- Introduction about the purpose and nature of the booklet.
- Practical information about getting there, facilities, other sources of information etc.
- Heritage and wildlife tours around various parts of the island, in total covering most of the island. On most islands, this is a driving route (with some optional bits of walking) linked to the map.
- Maps of the island, showing recommended routes and main features.
- Sections on visiting some special features of each island.
- Fully illustrated section on the water-birds, land-birds, and sea-birds of each island are either integrated in the tour or included as separate sections.
- A little section on simple geology, which helps understand the landscape.
- A section on geography and history.