SpringerBriefs in Molecular Science present concise summaries of cutting-edge research and practical applications across a wide spectrum of fields centered around chemistry. Featuring compact volumes of 50 to 125 pages, the series covers a range of content from professional to academic. Typical topics might include:
- A timely report of state-of-the-art analytical techniques
- A bridge between new research results, as published in journal articles, and a contextual literature review
- A snapshot of a hot or emerging topic
- An in-depth case study
- A presentation of core concepts that students must understand in order to make independent contributions
- Best practices or protocols to be followed
Briefs allow authors to present their ideas and readers to absorb them with minimal time investment. Briefs will be published as part of Springer’s eBook collection, with millions of users worldwide. In addition, Briefs will be available for individual print and electronic purchase. Briefs are characterized by fast, global electronic dissemination, standard publishing contracts, easy-to-use manuscript preparation and formatting guidelines, and expedited production schedules. Both solicited and unsolicited manuscripts are considered for publication in this series.