Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
This is a guide on the safe and responsible collection of fossils along the beautiful and often wild section of West Dorset's Jurassic Coast.
This sumptuously illustrated book, in full colour throughout, provides invaluable advice for the fossil collector. It contains up-to-date information regarding the geology, the exposures and the fossils themselves, making this a 'must-have' guide to browse through at leisure, or as an invaluable aid to any forthcoming field trip to the many locations that are so vividly described.
The landscape and fossil photographs are exquisite and often quite breath-taking, with superb reconstructions of Jurassic life by Andreas Kurpisz.
Foreword by the Authors
1. Introducing the Jurassic Coast: A World Heritage Site
The Eroding Coast
The Protected Coast: The West Dorset Code of Conduct
2. She Sells Sea Shells: Mary Anning and Her Legacy
3. The West Dorset Succession
4. Tools, Equipment & Preparation
5. Fossil Collecting Excursions In West Dorset
Excursions around Lyme Regis
- Blue Lias Formation: Pinhay Bay, Chippel Bay, Monmouth Beach & Church Cliffs
- Charmouth Mudstone Formation: The Spittals & Black Ven
Excursions around Charmouth
- Charmouth Mudstone Formation: East Beach, Stonebarrow & Broom Cliff
Excursions at Seatown
- Charmouth Mudstone Formation: Golden Cap & Ridge Cliff
Excursions around Eype
- Dyrham Formation: East Ebb Cove, Thorncombe Beacon to Eype Mouth
- Dyrham Formation: Eype Mouth to Watton Cliff
Excursions around Burton Bradstock
- Inferior Oolite Group: East Cliff, West Bay to Burton Cliff & Cliff End, Burton Bradstock
6. Museums and Galleries
Charmouth Heritage Centre
Lyme Regis Museum
Dinosaurland, Lyme Regis
8. About the Authors
Steve Snowball was the co-author of A Guide to Fossil Collecting in England and Wales. Craig Chivers is an experienced fossil preparator of the highest order. This book reflects their huge experiences within the area of West Dorset, in which they live and collect.