+44 1803 865913
By: Paul Matsudaira(Editor)
184 pages, illustrations
Why a Second Edition? The Second Edition provides practical answers to the general question, "How can I obtain useful sequence information from my protein or peptide?" rather than the more specific question asked in the first edition, "How can I obtain the N-terminal sequence?" Important new methods include ways of dealing with blocked N termini, computer analysis of protein sequences, and the recent revolution in mass spectrometry. The highlights of the Second Edition include: mass spectrophotometric characterization of proteins and peptides; N-terminal sequencing of proteins with blocked N termini; Internal amino acid sequence analysis after protease digestion in-gel and on-blot; improved microscale peptide purification methods; computer analysis of protein sequences; new protocols tested and refined through everyday use in authors' laboratories; and, updated reference chapter covering all aspects of protein microsequencing.
From the Reviews of the First Edition:
"Like the evening network television news programs, this book gives a useful summary of the highlights (of protein chemistry) to enable the masses to go forth armed with enough information to survive in the world."
- Strategies for Obtaining Partial Amino Acid Sequence Data from Small Quantities (5nmol) of Pure of Partially Purified Protein
- Enzymatic Digestion of Proteins and HPLC Peptide Isolation
- Purification of Proteins and Peptides By SDS-PAGE
- Internal Amino Acid Sequence Analysis of Proteins After in Situ Protease Digestion on Nitrocellulose
- Mass Spectrometric Strategies for the Structural Characterization of Proteins
- General Reference Books on Protein Microsequencing Methodologies
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Extremely pleased with the quality of the product, the ease of the ordering system and the speed at which the item was dispatched.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985