+44 1803 865913
By: Paul Matsudaira(Editor)
184 pages, illustrations
Why a Second Edition? The Second Edition provides practical answers to the general question, "How can I obtain useful sequence information from my protein or peptide?" rather than the more specific question asked in the first edition, "How can I obtain the N-terminal sequence?" Important new methods include ways of dealing with blocked N termini, computer analysis of protein sequences, and the recent revolution in mass spectrometry. The highlights of the Second Edition include: mass spectrophotometric characterization of proteins and peptides; N-terminal sequencing of proteins with blocked N termini; Internal amino acid sequence analysis after protease digestion in-gel and on-blot; improved microscale peptide purification methods; computer analysis of protein sequences; new protocols tested and refined through everyday use in authors' laboratories; and, updated reference chapter covering all aspects of protein microsequencing.
From the Reviews of the First Edition:
"Like the evening network television news programs, this book gives a useful summary of the highlights (of protein chemistry) to enable the masses to go forth armed with enough information to survive in the world."
- Strategies for Obtaining Partial Amino Acid Sequence Data from Small Quantities (5nmol) of Pure of Partially Purified Protein
- Enzymatic Digestion of Proteins and HPLC Peptide Isolation
- Purification of Proteins and Peptides By SDS-PAGE
- Internal Amino Acid Sequence Analysis of Proteins After in Situ Protease Digestion on Nitrocellulose
- Mass Spectrometric Strategies for the Structural Characterization of Proteins
- General Reference Books on Protein Microsequencing Methodologies
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I have always been MOST impressed by the efficiency, courtesy, integrity and professionalism of NHBS!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985