+44 1803 865913
Edited By: CA da Silva, D Baker, AW Shepherd, SM da Cruz and C Jenane
The development of competitive agro-industries is crucial for creating employment and income opportunities as well as enhancing the quality of and demand for farm products. Agro-industries can have a real effect on international development by increasing economic growth and reducing poverty in both rural and urban areas of developing countries. However, in order to avoid adverse effects to vulnerable countries and people, sound policies and strategies for fostering agro-industries are needed.
Agro-industries for Development highlights the current status and future course for agro-industries and brings attention to the contributions this sector can make to international development. The book includes contributions from agro-industry specialists, academic experts and UN technical agencies, chapters address the strategies and actions required for improving agro-industrial competitiveness in ways that can create income, generate employment and fight poverty in the developing world.
2. Building the Political Case for Agro-industries and Agribusiness in Developing Countries
3. Agro-industry Trends, Patterns and Development Impacts
4. Technologies Shaping the Future
5. Enabling Environments for Competitive Agro-industries
6. Business Models that are Inclusive of Small Farmers
7. Corporate Social Responsibility for Agro-industries Development
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985