+44 1803 865913
Transgenic plants are cultivated on a large scale worldwide, and most of the harvested products are fed to domestic animals. By gathering together more than 150 feeding studies with food-producing animals, and covering both first and second generation transgenic plants, Animal Nutrition with Transgenic Plants provides the first central resource of this information for researchers, students, policy makers and all those who are interested in future developments in the field.
"In my opinion this book is a should-read for people dealing with GM plants and their use in animal production and food safety, however, anybody may greatly benefit from it."
– Jacek Skomial, Journal of Animal and Feed Sciences
1. Introduction and Background - Challenges and Limitations of GM-Plants for Animal Nutrition
2. Fundamentals of Plant Biotechnology
3. Guidance Documents for Nutritional and Safety Assessment of Feeds from GM-Plants (GMP)
4. Compositional Analysis for Nutritional and Safety Assessment of Feeds from GM-Plants
5. Types of feeding studies for Nutritional and Safety Assessment of Feeds from GM-Plants
6. Feeding Studies with GM-Plants of the 1st Generation (Input Traits) with Food Producing Animals
7. Feeding Studies with GM-Plants of the 2nd Generation (Output Traits) with Food Producing Animals
8. The Fates of Transgenic DNA and Newly Expressed Proteins
9. Feed Additives Produced by GM-Microorganism
10. Influence of Feeds from GM-Plants on Composition and Quality of Food of Animal Origin
11. Future Developments, Tendencies and Challenges
12. Developments in the Field of GMP in Asia
13. Developments in the Field of GMP in America and other Regions of the World
14. Socioeconomic Aspects of Growing Genetically Modified Crops
15. Public Acceptance of GMP in Various Regions of the World
16. Ethical Aspects of GMP under Special Consideration of Feeds from GMP in Animal Nutrition
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Gerhard Flachowsky is a member of the GMO-Panel of the European Food Safety Authority Since May 2009: Visiting Senior Scientist at the Institute of Animal Nutrition Until April 2009: Head of the Institute of Animal Nutrition; Friedrich-Loeffler-Institute; Germany
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is a national institution, not to say an international one, in the world of natural history!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985