+44 1803 865913
The claim is frequently made on behalf of African moral beliefs and practices that they do not objectify and exploit nature and natural existents like Western ethics does. Animals and African Ethics investigates whether this is correct and what kind of status is reserved for other-than-human animals in African ethics.
Ethics On The African Continent
1. African Philosophy
2. Religion And Ethics In Africa
3. African Creation Myths And The Hierarchy Of Beings
4. The African Ritual Of Animal Slaughter
5. Traditional African Perceptions And Current Practices - Taboos, Totemism And Spiritualism
6. Ubuntu/ Botho/ Hunhu And Non-Human Animals
7. Ukama And African Environmentalism
8. Animals And The Law In East, West And Southern Africa
9. Environmental Justice
10. From Anthropocentrism Towards A Non-Speciesist Africa?
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Kai Horsthemke is Associate Professor in the Wits School of Education at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, and Fellow of the Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics, UK. Apart from animal rights, his research interests include African philosophy, indigenous knowledge (indigenous science, ethnomathematics, ethnomusicology), as well as humane and environmental education.
Your orders support book donation projects
Pretty cool. I have to say that I have enjoyed my interaction with your company.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985