652 pages, colour photos, colour illustrations, colour maps, colour tables
This comprehensive text introduces students to the aquaculture industry. Every aspect of this growing field is covered, from history of aquaculture, descriptions of aquatic plants and animals and feeding to in-depth coverage of economics, marketing, management and diseases of aquatic animals and plants. "Aquaculture Science", third edition, addresses the latest production methods, species types, advances in technology, trends and statistics. The science of aquaculture, chemistry, biology, and anatomy and physiology, is stressed throughout to ensure that students understand the fundamental principles. A complete chapter offers detailed information on career opportunities in the aquaculture industry.
New to this edition:
- Now full color with updated photos, drawings, charts, and tables.
- Five new chapters: Recreational Fishing Industry; Raising Ornamental Fish; Aquariums; Recirculating Systems; and Sustainable Aquaculture and Aquaponics.
- Updated to reflect the latest production methods, species types, disease treatments, advances in technology, trends and statistics.
- End of chapter activities to reinforce learning.
- URL's of many useful websites throughout the book and in the appendix.
- National Agricultural Education Standards are integrated throughout.
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!