+44 1803 865913
Series: Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology Volume: 4
By: Noel R Krieg(Editor), Wolfgang Ludwig(Editor), William B Whitman(Editor), Brian P Hedlund(Editor), Bruce J Paster(Editor), James T Staley(Editor), Naomi Ward(Editor), Daniel Brown(Editor), Aidan Parte(Editor)
949 pages, illustrations, tables
Includes a revised taxonomic outline for the phyla Bacteroidetes, Planctomycetes, Chlamydiae, Spirochetes, Fibrobacteres, Fusobacteria, Acidobacteria, Verrucomicrobia, Dictyoglomi, and Gemmatimonadetes based upon the SILVA project as well as a description of more than 153 genera in 29 families. Includes many medically important taxa.
From the reviews of the second edition:
"This latest instalment of the new Bergey's adds to an encyclopaedic repository that provides an invaluable resource for all microbiologists, regardless of their areas of interest. [...] With its introductory material and indices, this volume approaches 1,000 pages, the quality of the content of which is consistently remarkably high throughout [...] and is illustrated with numerous phylogenetic trees and photographs. [...] should be available to all microbiology practitioners whether clinical, diagnostic, environmental or biotechnological, and in libraries for general consultation."
– Ann P. Wood, Microbiology Today, November, 2011
- Road map of the phyla Bacteroidetes, Spirochaetes, Tenericutes (Mollicutes), Acidobacteria, Fibrobacteres, Fusobacteria, Dictyoglomi, Gemmatimonadetes, Lentisphaerae, Verrucomicrobia, Chlamydiae, and Planctomycetes
- Taxonomic outlines of the phyla Bacteroidetes, Spirochaetes, Tenericutes (Mollicutes),
- Acidobacteria, Fibrobacteres, Fusobacteria,
- Dictyoglomi, Gemmatimonadetes, Lentisphaerae, Verrucomicrobia, Chlamydiae, and Planctomycetes
- Phylum XIV. Bacteroidetes phyl. nov
- Phylum XV. Spirochaetes Garrity and Holt 2001
- Phylum XVI. Tenericutes Murray 1984a, 356VP (Effective publication: Murray 1984b, 33.)
- Phylum XVII. Acidobacteria phyl. nov
- Phylum XVIII. Fibrobacteres Garrity and Holt 2001
- Phylum XIX. Fusobacteria Garrity and Holt 2001, 140
- Phylum XX. Dictyoglomi phyl. nov
- Phylum XXI. Gemmatimonadetes Zhang, Sekiguchi, Hanada, Hugenholtz, Kim, Kamagata and Nakamura 2003, 1161VP
- Phylum XXII. Lentisphaerae Cho, Vergin, Morris and Giovannoni 2004a, 1005VP (Effective publication: Cho, Vergin, Morris and Giovannoni 2004b, 617.)
- Phylum XXIII. Verrucomicrobia phyl. nov
- Phylum XXIV. Chlamydiae Garrity and Holt 2001
- Phylum XXV. Planctomycetes Garrity and Holt 2001, 137 emend. Ward
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Such prompt and efficient service is rare nowadays.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985