Includes a revised taxonomic outline for the phyla Bacteroidetes, Planctomycetes, Chlamydiae, Spirochetes, Fibrobacteres, Fusobacteria, Acidobacteria, Verrucomicrobia, Dictyoglomi, and Gemmatimonadetes based upon the SILVA project as well as a description of more than 153 genera in 29 families. Includes many medically important taxa.
From the reviews of the second edition:
"This latest instalment of the new Bergey's adds to an encyclopaedic repository that provides an invaluable resource for all microbiologists, regardless of their areas of interest. [...] With its introductory material and indices, this volume approaches 1,000 pages, the quality of the content of which is consistently remarkably high throughout [...] and is illustrated with numerous phylogenetic trees and photographs. [...] should be available to all microbiology practitioners whether clinical, diagnostic, environmental or biotechnological, and in libraries for general consultation."
– Ann P. Wood, Microbiology Today, November, 2011
- Road map of the phyla Bacteroidetes, Spirochaetes, Tenericutes (Mollicutes), Acidobacteria, Fibrobacteres, Fusobacteria, Dictyoglomi, Gemmatimonadetes, Lentisphaerae, Verrucomicrobia, Chlamydiae, and Planctomycetes
- Taxonomic outlines of the phyla Bacteroidetes, Spirochaetes, Tenericutes (Mollicutes),
- Acidobacteria, Fibrobacteres, Fusobacteria,
- Dictyoglomi, Gemmatimonadetes, Lentisphaerae, Verrucomicrobia, Chlamydiae, and Planctomycetes
- Phylum XIV. Bacteroidetes phyl. nov
- Phylum XV. Spirochaetes Garrity and Holt 2001
- Phylum XVI. Tenericutes Murray 1984a, 356VP (Effective publication: Murray 1984b, 33.)
- Phylum XVII. Acidobacteria phyl. nov
- Phylum XVIII. Fibrobacteres Garrity and Holt 2001
- Phylum XIX. Fusobacteria Garrity and Holt 2001, 140
- Phylum XX. Dictyoglomi phyl. nov
- Phylum XXI. Gemmatimonadetes Zhang, Sekiguchi, Hanada, Hugenholtz, Kim, Kamagata and Nakamura 2003, 1161VP
- Phylum XXII. Lentisphaerae Cho, Vergin, Morris and Giovannoni 2004a, 1005VP (Effective publication: Cho, Vergin, Morris and Giovannoni 2004b, 617.)
- Phylum XXIII. Verrucomicrobia phyl. nov
- Phylum XXIV. Chlamydiae Garrity and Holt 2001
- Phylum XXV. Planctomycetes Garrity and Holt 2001, 137 emend. Ward
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!