+44 1803 865913
From the seacoast to the mountains, from urban settings to woodlands, Maine's diverse habitats are home to equally diverse bird species. Birding Maine recommends how and when to bird each site and provides information on nearby places of interest, as well as area stores, restaurants, accommodations, and campsites-everything you need to extend a day of birding into a full-fledged adventure.
Discover rockbound pemaquid and schoodic points where sea- and shorebirds abound, including king eider and purple sandpiper. Just outside Brewer, wander the Fields Pond Audubon Center, where nearly 150 species have been seen-from bald eagle to eastern bluebird. Be still and listen for the haunting cry of common loon at Unity Pond, Lily Bay State Park, or Moose Point State Park. Birding Maine is a quintessential resource for anyone interested in spending time in the Maine outdoors.
Inside you'll find:
- Accurate bird-finding information for the entire state-from the Atlantic seacoast to the fields of central Maine to the waterways of the north woods
- Resting spots for migrating eastern species, a huge assortment of waterbirds, plus many specialties such as Harlequin Duck and Pileated Woodpecker
- A description of each site, with information about key species
- When to go, how to get there, what you'll see, and whether a site is wheelchair accessible
- Nearby sites that can be combined with primary sites to create a full day of birding
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Tom Seymour is an award-winning outdoor columnist and book author and a regular contributor to Maine Fish and Wildlife magazine. July, 2006, marks the twentieth anniversary of Tom's award-winning outdoor column, Waldo County Outdoors, which appears in The Republican Journal. Tom's book credits include Hiking Maine, Fishing Maine, and Foraging New England. Additionally, Tom wrote Tom Seymour's Maine: A Maine Anthology and edited and updated Maine off The Beaten Path, Globe Pequot Press. Tom is a registered Maine Guide.
Your orders support book donation projects
On behalf of Parque Nacional Nahuel Huapi I would like to thank NHBS. The book will be very useful for my students.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985