A guide to 459 species of birds recorded in the county. The species accounts and bar graphs can aid birders in determining status, abundance, seasonal occurrence, and habitat preference. Includes descriptions and maps of birding areas in and around Phoenix, plus a birding calendar and a History section discussing changes in the status of birds and their habitats over the past 50 to 100 years.
New in this edition:
- Updated maps and Birding Areas of Phoenix and Scottsdale, plus north, south, east, and west of Phoenix
- A 'Changes' section about all the changes in birdlife and habitats since the second edition in 1997
- A 'Habitats' section with photos in colour of the different habitats
- A section of colour photos of almost all of the 33 species that have been added to the County List since 1972
- 94 pages of updated Species Accounts and Bar Graphs of the 459 species that have been recorded in Maricopa County