Birds of the World is a unique database with multiple combinations of search features. It covers all the bird species and subspecies of the world, together more than 26,000 taxa.
A checklist can easily be extracted for almost any country, and also for states, provinces, islands and regions in many of the ornithologically most important countries.
Roughly 1000 search areas are covered. The data base includes photos (40,000 of 5,467 species), distribution maps, breeding data and measurements.
Conservational status is given for all species, and you can easily get a list of Restricted Range species of any Endemic Bird Area (EBA).
Evolutionary trees explain the relationships between species. For your personal use, there are more than 800 checklists, and in the notebook you can collect your personal observations and your own photos.
- Windows XP Professional and Home Edition (Service Park 3), requiring Pentium III 700 MHz or higher, 512 MB of RAM, VGA (1024 × 768) or higher, and DVD-drive
- Windows Vista, 7 and 8, requiring 1 GHz or higher, 1 GB of RAM, VGA (1024 × 768) or higher, and DVD-drive
- Mac OS X 10.6, requiring Intel-based CPU, 1 GB or RAM, VGA (1024 × 768) or higher, and DVD-drive
- OS X Lion 10.7, requiring Intel-based CPU, 2 GB or RAM, VGA (1024 × 768) or higher, and DVD-drive
- OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, requiring 64-bit Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 2 GB or RAM, VGA (1024 × 768) or higher, and DVD-drive
Please note that customer have reported this programme to work on 64-bit operating systems.