Series: BSAVA Manuals Series
By: Lesley G King(Editor), Amanda Boag(Editor), Kenneth J Drobatz(Foreword By)
397 pages, colour & b/w photos, colour & b/w illustrations, colour tables
Emergency care is one of the most important areas of veterinary medicine. Building on the success of the bestselling first edition, the international editors and authors have revised and updated the Manual to reflect the continued growth in knowledge in this vital area. The Manual remains a highly practical resource. A new chapter on vascular access details the placement and maintenance of intravenous, arterial and intraosseous catheters. Other new chapters feature: electrolyte abnormalities and acid-base imbalance; and transfusion medicine.
The growing body of knowledge and range of techniques in analgesia is reflected in a new stand-alone chapter. Medical and surgical treatments for gastrointestinal emergencies have also been separated to allow a clearer picture.
To aid fast access to practical information, techniques such as tube placement are now found within the relevant chapters. Additional photographs and illustrations serve to increase useability still further.
- Vascular access techniques
- Assessment and diagnosis of shock
- Triage and initial assessment
- Fluid therapy
- Electrolyte and acid-base balance
- Cardiovascular emergencies
- General approach to dyspnoea
- Neurological emergencies
- Approach to GI emergencies
- Haematological emergencies
- Transfusion medicine
- Endocrine emergencies
- Dermatological emergencies
- Toxicological emergencies
- Reproductive and paediatric emergencies
- Acute management of orthopaedic and external soft tissue injuries
- Cardiopulmonary - cerebral resuscitation
- Anaesthetic considerations in the critical patient
- Analgesia in the critical patient
- Nutritional support
- Antibiotic therapy in the critical patient
- Imaging techniques in the critical patient
- Emergency and critical care nursing
- Gastrointestinal emergencies
- Renal and urinary tract emergencies
- Ophthalmological emergencies
- Emergency abdominal surgery
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Pretty cool. I have to say that I have enjoyed my interaction with your company.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985