+44 1803 865913
By: James M Reilly(Author)
116 pages, colour & b/w photos
Care and Identification of 19th-Century Photographic Prints contains everything one needs to:
- approximately date a print
- correctly catalogue by print type
- provide a safe enclosure
- recognise forms of deterioration
- store, handle, and display prints safely
- manage the preservation of a large collection
- deal knowledgeably with a professional conservator
Over the years, archivists, curators, librarians, and many others who care for and care about historical photographs have used this important publication as their complete reference handbook on all aspects of the identification and preservation of 19th-century photographic and photomechanical prints. The text presents technical information in plain, understandable language and is supported throughout by high-quality colour reproductions showing the various print types and their forms of deterioration. The fine details of print structure are pictured in numerous photomicrographs.
A key feature of Care and Identification of 19th-Century Photographic Prints is its practical, detailed system for 19th-century print identification. The pull-out flowchart that comes with each book is an important component in this system. The front of the chart gives step-by-step guidance for identifying major print types. The reverse side of the chart shows examples of each print type and gives dates of use.
- The History of Photographic Printing in the 19th Century
- The Component Materials of 19th-Century Prints and Their Forms of Deterioration
- Stability of Specific Print Materials
- Identification of 19th-Century Photographic and Photomechanical Print Processes
- Preservation and Collection Management
- Handling, Display, and Care
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Your prompt attention has beaten almost every other material supplier hands down.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985