Challenges of a Changing Earth presents a state-of-the-science overview of global change and its consequences for human societies.
Challenges of a Changing Earth highlights four areas of critical importance – food, water resources, air quality and the carbon cycle – from both science and policy perspectives, and points the way towards the new scientific approaches needed to study the Earth System in the future.
"This book presents a state-of-the-science overview of global change and its consequences for human societies. It highlights four areas of critical importance: food, water resources, air quality, and the carbon cycle. From both science and policy prespectives; discusses the new scientific approaches needed to study the Earth system in the future; and summarizes recent advances in understanding in global change science."
- American Meteorological Society
- Towards a Scientific Understanding of Global Change
- Achievements and Challenges: Food, Land, Water and Oceans; Air Quality in the 21st Century; The Global Carbon Cycle; Global Change and the Challenge for the Future
- Advances in Understanding: Global Biogeochemistry; Land-Ocean Interactions; The Climate System; Hot-Spots of Land-Use Change
- Looking to the Future: Simulating and Observing the Earth System; Does the Earth System Need Biodiversity; Can Technology Spare the Planet; Towards Global Sustainability
- Amsterdam Declaration on Global Change
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Fantastic service at a great price – I'll definitely use you again.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985