+44 1803 865913
Chromosomes Today: Volume 12 records the plenary proceedings of the 12th triennial International Chromosone Conference, presenting an overview of the current concerns in the developing studies of animal, plant and human cytogenetics. As well as giving an accurate historical record of the achievements in chromosome studies, this important series points the way forward, emphasizing the areas in which new developments will take place.
Chromosomes Today: Volume 12 explores the complete integration of molecular biology and cytogenetics, evaluating the concensus of the world's cytogeneticists concerning the nature and activities of the chromosome. It reinforces our view of the chromosome as the genetic organelle whose structure, behaviour and modification underlie our modern concept ofeukaryote genetics.
"All-in-all this volume continues the excellent tradition of Chromosomes Today and is well worth reading."
- Human chromosomes and cancer
- Interspecific micronucleus model for the study of induced chromosome aberrations in human male germ cells
- DNA amplification in solid tumors
- Subchromosomal painting libraries from somatic cell hybrids
- Y-linked genes and spermatogesesis in primates
- Chromosome structure
- Retroposons of Drosophila Telomeres and terminal chromosome deficiencies
- Genes controlling chromosome structure in Drosophila melanogaster
- Chromosome differentiation using nucleases; an overview
- Chromosome evolution
- Evolution of a near-neutral B chromosome
- Karyotypic evolution in the Octodontoidea (Mammalia, Rodentia)
- New insights into chromosome evolution in plants from molecular cytogenetics
- Gene and DNA marker mapping
- The relationship between gene density and chromosome banding patterns in mammalian nuclei
- Expanding genetic maps: re-evaluation of the relationship between chiasmata and crossovers
- Chromosome painting in wheat
- Chromosome function
- The molecular basis of imprinting the mouse and human Igf2/M6p receptor locus
- Replication and transcription factors
- Replication of eukaryotic ribosomal RNA genes
- Genomes and their instructions: topology, methylation and gene expression
- Chromosome behaviour, mitosis and meiosis
- Univalent orientation in living meiocytes
- Proteins controlling sister-chromatid cohesion
- Chromosone behaviour in early meiotic prophase
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Vastly superior to the Amazon offering. Recommended unreservedly.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985