+44 1803 865913
Communicable diseases are the main health problem encountered in developing...
By: Roger Webber
352 pages, Figs, tabs
Communicable diseases are major global health concerns that can devastate whole populations. This revised and updated textbook examines communicable diseases at the community level from an epidemiological perspective, covering both theory and practice in a systematic and globally comprehensive overview of communicable diseases and their control.
It includes expanded coverage of epidemiology and clinical aspects, many summary tables and coverage of both developed and developing countries from tuberculosis and malaria to bioterrorism and hospital infections, drawing on the author's personal experience of working in many global locations.
1. Elements of Communicable Diseases
2. Communicable Disease Theory
3. Control Principles and Methods
4. Control Strategy and Organization
5. Notification and Health Regulations
6. Classification of Communicable Diseases
7. Water-washed Diseases
8. Faecal Oral Diseases
9. Food borne Diseases
10. Diseases of Soil Contact
11. Diseases of Water Contact
12. Skin Infections
13. Respiratory Diseases and Other Airborne Transmitted Infections
14. Diseases Transmitted via Body Fluids
15. Insect Borne Diseases
16. Ectoparasite Zoonoses
17. Domestic and Synanthropic Zoonoses
18. New and Emerging Diseases
19. List of Communicable Diseases
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Vastly superior to the Amazon offering. Recommended unreservedly.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985